Social Security-Information you ought to Apply for Spouse's or Divorced Spouse's Advantages
- On the web, if you're within three months of age 62 or older, or
- By calling our national service that is toll-free 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) or visiting the local Social Security workplace. A scheduled appointment is not needed, but it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply if you call ahead and schedule one.
You are able to assist when you are prepared to:
Papers you may have to provide
We might request you to offer papers to demonstrate you are qualified, such as for instance:
- Birth certification or other evidence of delivery;
- Proof U.S. citizenship or lawful status that is alien you're perhaps maybe not born in the usa More Info;
- U.S. armed forces discharge paper(s) in the event that you had military solution before 1968;
- W-2 kinds(s) and/or self-employment taxation statements for this past year.
- Last breakup decree, if using being a divorced partner; and
- Marriage certificate.
We accept photocopies of W-2 types, self-employment taxation statements or medical papers, but we ought to begin to see the initial of many other papers, such as for example your delivery certificate. (We're going to get back them for you.)
Try not to postpone trying to get advantages since you would not have most of the papers. We will help you to get them.
That which we shall ask you
- Your title, sex and Social Security quantity;
- Your title at delivery (if various);
- Your date of delivery and put of delivery (State or international nation);
- Whether a public or record that is religious made from your delivery before age 5;
- Your citizenship status;
- Whether you or other people has ever filed for Social safety advantages, Medicare or Supplemental Security money for you (in that case, we are going to additionally request information about whose Social Security record you used);
- Whether you have got utilized other Social Security quantity;
- Whether you became not able to work as a result of conditions, injuries or conditions at any time in the previous 14 months. If "Yes," we will additionally ask the date you became struggling to work;
- Whether you had been ever when you look at the active armed forces solution before 1968 and, if that's the case, the times of solution and whether you have got ever been entitled to get a month-to-month take advantage of an armed forces or Federal civilian agency;
- Whether you or your better half have actually ever struggled to obtain the railroad industry;
- Whether you've got made Social protection credits under a different country's social security measures;
- Whether you qualified for or be prepared to get a retirement or annuity predicated on your very own work utilizing the authorities regarding the united states of america or one of their States or regional subdivisions;
- Whether you're presently hitched and, in that case, your better half's name, date of birth (or age) and Social protection quantity (if known).
- The names, times of delivery (or age) and Social safety figures (if known) of any spouses that are former
- The dates and places of each and every of one's marriages and, for marriages which have ended, exactly just how as soon as they finished;
- The names of any unmarried young ones under age 18, age 18-19 plus in primary or school that is secondary or disabled before age 22;
- The name(s) of one's employer(s) and/or information on your self-employment as well as the number of your wages because of this 12 months, a year ago and year that is next
- Whether we may contact your employers for wage information;
- The month you need your advantages to start; and
- Whether you want to enroll in Medical Insurance (Part B of Medicare) if you are within 3 months of age 65,.
With regards to the given information you offer, we possibly may need certainly to ask other concerns.
Its also wise to have your checkbook or any other papers that demonstrate your bank account quantity at a bank, credit union or other standard bank so you are able to subscribe to Direct Deposit, and prevent worries about lost or stolen checks and mail delays.
Type SSA-2 On the web, if you’re within three months of age 62 or older, or By calling our national service that is toll-free 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) or visiting the local Social Security workplace. A scheduled appointment is not needed, but it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply if you call ahead [...]
Widget in Admin Panel -> Appearance -> Widgets -> SubFooter Widget Left
Widget in Admin Panel -> Appearance -> Widgets -> SubFooter Widget Right